Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For Legalization of Steroids

For Legalization of Steroids

America prides itself in being one of the greatest countries in the world, with the building blocks of that greatness resting on the idea of freedom. There are many different definitions of freedom at all ends of the political spectrum, however, which one is correct?

Is freedom unlimited, you can do whatever you want? Maybe if it doesn’t affect anyone but you? Or should there be limitations to freedom? Should I be allowed to do anything I desire to my body, MY body?

Steroids are a problem in today’s society, but who’s problem is it if I take steroids? Is it my own or is it the government? If I desire to do these drugs, it is my choice, I have my freedom, end of story. If I want to mess my body up, then, by the freedom of the United States government, I will do it.

(Disclaimer: These are not my political nor social views on the subject, just a class assignment)

1 comment:

  1. We should have the freedom to do what we want to our own body. I thought that's what made America so damn great, Freedom.

    ReplyDelete